We made it through Day 1 of the first day of virtual school! Some of us anyway- some start next week or in September. I hope it went well. I know we have so many questions, so many doubts. This article from The New York times basically sums it all up. These are challenging times for all of us and especially parents who are juggling the day to day work and now figuring out how to incorporate virtual school again.
What are some things you’ve put in place to make it easier for you and your family?
- I have the “in session” sign I used in my office on my room doorknob so my kids know not to come in while I’m in session. Today, they put their own versions on their doorknobs while they’re in class.
- I also try to do quick meditations and take a step back from what can stress me out so I can regroup.
- Waking up earlier than my kids helps me start my day focused on me and gives me time to prepare for their meals and my day. Mishaps and other situations may occur along the way but at least some of the basics are taken care of.
- I’ll revisit after school activities later. Delegating and putting off the things I feel aren’t urgent helps me deal with overwhelm. How often do we lose it because we think we need to tackle everything all at once?
- Gratitude. This one goes a long way. When I’m feeling stressed, I go back to accepting it and then recognizing the moment for its positives.
I know it’s only Day #1 for some of us, but I hope to use this list as a go-to throughout the year.
Share below any tips that work for you and your family. ❤