Five Great Games to Play and Bond with Your Babyjadmin
The other day I did a workshop at Babies R Us on the best toys and games to purchase for your baby. There are so many options nowadays for babies! Gender-specific or neutral, with bells, music, dance moves, ABC’s, 123’s. The ones that vibrate or connect to the iPhone, the one that can sing the ABC in five languages, the one that improves sensory development with the black and white designs and squiggly lines, the balls with different textures and colors. SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM.
I’ll admit, with my first child, I bought some of those- and I would still gift some now to my mom-to-be friends and family. But, a lot of the toys in the market don’t really follow through with the claim, unless there is someone else playing with the baby. For babies under age 1, games are simple, fun, portable, and spontaneous. You quickly learn that you are your baby’s favorite comedian, singer, actor, and teacher. These moments bring parents and babies closer together and help build a deeper, more satisfying relationship.
So in reality, the caregiver (you) are your child’s most favorite toy. The one to laugh, mimic, express yourself in ways that only your baby can connect with on such an intimate level. The following are 5 basic, yet quite rewarding ways to play with your baby.
1. Singing songs and making silly noises.
2. Explore your face. Babies love to feel different textures.
3. Hide-and-seek. Babies are curious by nature.
4. Mirror, mirror. Babies enjoy watching themselves in the mirror, they don’t realize it is a reflection of themselves until they are about 18 months old.
5. Mimicking their noises. From the beginning, babies enjoy cooing and being responded to.
If you want more info on how to connect with your baby, please feel free to comment below or shoot me an email. Enjoy having fun with games!